Monday, September 6, 2010

Encourage One Another at ALL times!

Today was an interesting day.  First thing this morning, I watched the Lifechurch.tv message by Craig Groeschel about Toxic Words (here's the link:  http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/toxic/4).  This was in preparation for small group tomorrow night and was recommended by my friend Tim Lemons (read his blog...awesome guy...www.timlemons.com).  Then later on in the day, I went by Redbox to redeem my free monthly rental code and saw the movie TO SAVE A LIFE.  Just finished watching it and it was an awesome movie for both youth and adults.  After watching Craig's message and then watching TO SAVE A LIFE, I was convicted about sometimes using toxic words.  I feel like at times that I am really good at building people up and encouraging them as it says to do in 1 Thessalonians 5:11 but other times I either fail to say anything when I should say something encouraging or even worse...I use toxic words.  Craig suggested in his message that if you feel or see something good about someone else...tell them!  I am going to try to make a more concentrated effort to do this and I want to encourage everyone else to do the same.  If everyone made an effort to encourage each other and build each other up, just imagine how so many hurts and anxieties would be eliminated.  One person CAN make a difference in someone's life.  What if someone had taken the time to encourage and build up the Virginian Tech shooter? What if someone had taken a few minutes out of their busy day to listen to someone that committed suicide? What if you saw an old friend that may be down and out and avoided them because you didn't have time to listen?  Our words do have an effect on people and we need to all be ever careful of what comes out of our mouths.  Proverbs 11:9 says:  "With their words, the godless destroy their friends, but knowledge will rescue the righteous."  As my friend Erinn says...Just sayin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment